This collection contains the administrative records for Piatt County School District from 1858 to 1972. Materials include records for Pemble Elementary School, Dublin Elementary School, and the Piatt County School District Superintendent and Board of Trustees.
The collection is organized in three series: Piatt County Administration, Pemble Elementary School, and Dublin Elementary School.
The first series documents the Piatt County School District administration. The series includes the record book of the Board of Trustees from the years 1858 to 1954. It contains annual meeting minutes in which the Board discussed budget, allocation of funds, expense reports from every school township submitted, and votes from the Board on issues such as consolidating school districts. The series also includes the Superintendent's record book from 1880 to 1884, which logged the teaching certificate examination scores for prospective teachers applying for positions in the Piatt County School District. Also included in the series is the registration record for Piatt County teachers dating from 1966 to 1972 kept by the county administration.
The second series contains materials from Pemble Elementary School. It includes the student attendance records for the years 1890-1912. There are seven certificates for student perfect attendance rewards and three penmanship booklets used by the students. Other materials include a school register from 1937 to 1940, which classified students' performances for each classroom. Also included in the series are three certificates of recognition earned by Pemble Elementary School.
The third series contains records from Dublin Elementary School. Materials include attendance records for the years 1906-1922, students' class standings, and teachers' notes. The series also contains Dublin Elementary School's District record book from 1902 to 1923, which compiled teachers' contracts, special election proceedings, district financial accounts, and district student statistics over the years.
The materials were donated to the Library in May of 1992.