This collection contains the records of The Fortnightly Club of Urbana, Illinois from 1895-2003. In 1895, the Fortnightly Club of Urbana was established by a group of fourteen women as a progressive forum for civic and cultural activities.
The collection contains the organization's annual yearbooks from 1898-2003, eleven minute books from 1895-1995, and constitutions from 1895, 1897, 1899, 1909, and 1972. It also includes two copies of two bound volumes compiled by Kathryn G. Hanson titled Ninety Years with the Fortnightly Club as well as a supplement to these volumes titled One Hundred Years with the Fortnightly Club. The volumes contain transcriptions of yearbooks, minutes, and other materials.
Kathryn Hansen donated this collection to the Library in 1986. Mary Blixen made an additional donation in 1999 and Loralee Pena made an additional donation in 2000.