Flanegan Family. Papers, 1832-1893 | Illinois History and Lincoln Collections
This collection consists of a tax receipt, four teacher's certificates from various counties in Ohio and Illinois, and a bookmark. As described in the inventory below, these were received by Mary E. Flanegan and other members of the family between 1832 and 1893.
The collection was transferred from the Rare Book and Special Collections Library to the Illinois Historical Survey in 1975.
1. Iauus[?] Flanigan, Tax receipt from Delaware County, Ohio, 1832.
2. [Name illegible] Flanegan, Teacher's Certificate of the Board of School Examiners of Franklin County, Ohio, 1859.
3. Mary E. Flanegan, County Superintendent's Certificates of the Second Grade from Iroquois County, Illinois, 1877 and 1878
4. Mary E. Flanegan, County Superintendent's Certificates of the First Grade from Iroquois County, Illinois, 1879.
5. Mary Flanigan [sic], Teacher's Certificate of the First Grade from Champaign County, Illinois, 1882.
6. Ribbon and metal bookmark engraved "Mary" and "10-27-93", 1893.