This collection contains carbon typescripts of correspondence between William H. Herndon and Theodore Parker. It includes 58 letters from Herndon and 11 from Parker. The letters were published in part in Joseph Fort Newton, Lincoln and Herndon (Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Torch Press, 1910).
The typescripts, collected in two binders and accompanied by a chronological list of the letters, came to the Library from the Abraham Lincoln Book Shop before 2000. The location of the originals is not now known.