Indicates UIUC access only: must be on university network or able to authenticate using NetID
- FAOSTAT Multilingual database containing over 3 million time-series records covering international statistics in the following areas: Production, Trade, Food Balance Sheets, Food Aid Shipments, Fertilizer and Pesticides, Land Use and Irrigation, Forest Products, Fishery Products, Population, and Agricultural Machinery.
- Foreign Direct Investment Database
From the United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD). Foreign direct investment time series data from most countries world-wide. Includes inflows, outflows, inward stocks and outward stocks of foreign direct investment (FDI) for 196 economies. Free access but registration is required.
- Global Urban Observatory
United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UNCHS) collection of databases, with statistical data on urban indicators, human settlements, and city profiles worldwide. Coverage is inconsistent, but this source is nevertheless quite unique.
- Human Development Report Library
Includes statistical appendices from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Human Development Reports 1990 – present, as well as the full-text national human development reports from over 250 countries and regions world-wide.
- Industrial Statistics Database
From the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). A country industrial statistics can be located by first using the “Country Information” link on the home page. Data may be obtained in either HTML or PDF format.
- Key Indicators of Developing Asian and Pacific Countries
An annual statistical publication of the Asian Development Bank. Presents the most current economic, financial and social data on the Bank’s developing member countries. Since 2001, it also features a special thematic chapter.
- Poverty and Equity Data Portal
Includes latest data on poverty, inequality, and shared prosperity from World Bank. Allows you to explore several indicators for countries and regions and explore countries by income levels.
- SourceOECD The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s SourceOECD provides a wealth of statistical resources. For a list of databases, click the gray STATISTICS tab on the main screen, then use the OECD Databases link on the left navbar. The International Development database contains information on external debt and the geographical distribution of financial flows to aid recipients.Note: Non-UIUC affiliates can access OECD’s freely available statistics (a subset of those provided through SourceOECD) via the OECD Statistics Portal.
- World Development Indicators
WDI Online is composed of more than 550 indicators in 80 tables, organized in six sections: World View, People, Environment, Economy, States and Markets, and Global Links. The tables cover 148 economies and 14 country groups-with basic indicators for a further 59 economies. The data go back to 1960, depending on the country.