Office of Research Administration
- Vacant, Associate University Librarian for Research, Associate Dean of Libraries
- Assistant: Robin Woodall
Interim Contacts and Responsibilities (7/17/2017)
The Office of Research works in partnership with the Library and the campus to create, manage, use and publish research information. It is a leader, both on campus and nationally, in instruction and in sharing best practices in scholarly communications and research. It builds community through research-focused programs land partnerships with scholars, colleges, departments, and other units on campus.
Related Units and Program Areas
- Digital Humanities: Library partnerships with faculty and students on use of digital tools, methodologies, and collections for research, scholarship, and teaching.
- Research Data Service: Library as partner with campus in support of research data management, publishing, and long-term access.
- Research Services: Facilitate and support Library faculty- and professionally-driven research and innovation.
- Researcher Information Systems: Library as a partner in preserving and making accessible the scholarly work produced by Illinois researchers.
- Scholarly Commons: Library as a hub for digital research on campus.
- Scholarly Communication and Publishing: Library as a partner with researchers in scholarly communications, publishing, copyright, and research analytics endeavors.
Office of Research Governance and Advisory Groups
The Office of Research collaborates with partners throughout the library, university and beyond. A number of advisory groups and governance committees guide the various program areas of the Office.
Committees and Advisory Groups
Office of Research Leadership Group
Advises Associate University Librarian for Research on strategy for programs and services in the Office of Research.
Members: Harriett Green, Heidi Imker, Bill Mischo, and AUL for Research (ex officio, vacant)
Research and Publication Committee
The Library Research and Publication Committee is a standing committee of the Library Faculty established to encourage research and publication among Library Faculty.
Research Data Service Committee
The RDS Committee is charged with providing guidance, feedback, and support to the Director of the Research Data Service and to the University Library.
Related University Committees and Advisory Groups
Campus Research Administrator’s Working Group
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR) facilitates communication among senior unit administrators and campus administrators who have research as their primary mission.
Illinois Research Connections: Governance Committee (Faculty Profiles Advisory Committee)
The IRC Governance Committee provides guidance on the establishment and management of Illinois Research Connections, providing active input on strategic priorities, policy development and processes, resource allocation, campus communications, and project implementation.
Illinois Research Connections: Steering Committee
The IRC Steering Committee of University Library and OVCR leadership provide detailed engagement and guidance for the planning, pilot, assessment, project management, and launch of Illinois Research Connections.