The Ricker Library of Architecture and Art is hiring one or more graduate hourly positions for up to 10 hours a week, $22.81 per hour, for Spring semester 2021.
We are looking for a graduate hourly, ideally someone from the School of Architecture or from the School of Art + Design, to create research-based materials for Ricker Library’s online presence. We are particularly looking for people interested in exploring topics such as (but not limited to) the following as they apply to art and architecture:
- Anti-racist pedagogy
- Disability studies
- Create narrative bibliographies of research areas identified as being of interest to the graduate hourly and to Ricker Library; research should include but does not need to be limited to Ricker Library’s collections
- Collaborate with Ricker Library staff to create materials out of the bibliographies, such as research guides, social media posts, blogposts, videos, or creative output. If visual or creative output is determined to be the best expression of the research, incumbent will also ensure that the narrative bibliography and a video and/or textual introduction of the work is included.
- Currently enrolled graduate student at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Educational background and/or demonstrable experience in one or more fields in art and architecture
- Experience with research
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your proposed area of research, a resume, and three references to Emilee Mathews, Head of Ricker Library, email@example.com. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis, with the goal to the employees as close to the start of Spring 2021 as possible. This is a 100% remote position.