Public Performance Rights
Only items for which we have been granted public performance rights can be shown to groups other
than for face-to-face instruction as part of the regular institutional curriculum.
do not have any public performance rights for that item. To show this item to a group, you would
need to obtain a license for each performance. A large licensing company is
Swank Motion Pictures.
so long as no admission is charged. If there is anything more after "Public Performance Rights," it
will specify further restrictions.
Collection", please email
firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a rights
search. Please include the title and complete call number from the catalog record.
- If the Location is somewhere other than "Undergraduate Media Collection," please contact the
staff of the holding library for information.
To search for items in our collection which have public performance rights indicated in the
- Go to the
- Click on Advanced Search.
- In the box to the right of "Search:", type "public performance rights" without the quotation
- Click on the menu to the right that says "any of these" and choose "as a phrase."
- Click on the "Search by" menu to the right and choose "MFHD Search."
- You may use the second and third "Search:" lines to limit your search.
- Click the Search button to view the results of your search. To view the full record for an
item, click on the title.
*Media items from the library's collection may
never be used in any setting in which admission is charged or for any
commercial purposes. Public performance rights differ significantly from digital rights, so please
note that items for which the library has public performance rights may not include the ability to
reformat or distribute electronically. Duplication is also prohibited.