Policy and Procedures for Reserving Technology Items
Policy and Procedures for Booking (Reserving)Technology Items
Certain types of loanable technology can be reserved ahead of time if there are no other reservations (short loan bookings). The library purchases loanable technology to support class projects. In order to accommodate the vast number of students who may need the equipment, the library reserves the right to limit the number of times a patron can request an item (or similar item) during the semester. Typically we require 72 hours after a return of an item allowing a "like" or similar item to be checked out. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of Library administration.
Policy for Short Loan Bookings:
- All UIUC affiliated borrower types can place a short loan (reservation) on the one-week technology items. When a short loan is placed for the item it is a contingent booking. This booking is not guaranteed, since it is dependent on the previous person bringing the item back on time.
- Items that circulate in the library for two hours cannot be booked in advance. This procedure is only for one-week technology loan items. Most loanable technology items can be renewed once if there are no other reservations for that item.
- The library reserves the right to limit the number of reservations a patron can make on an item (or similar item) in order to provide access to multiple students.
- If library staff notice that a patron has booked an item (or similar item) multiple times (or consecutively) they may notify the patron that they are not able to honor the request in order to allow the item to be available to other students.
- To reserve an item of loanable technology, call us at 333-3477 or come to the Undergrad Library circulation desk.
- We will need your name, library card number (found on your i-card), and the dates - up to one week - that you wish to borrow it.
- Please pick up your item on the first day of your reservation or the booking will be canceled.
- Please note that the library is not responsible for any damage that may occur on equipment as a result of media borrowed from the library
- If items are not returned on time there will be a late fee.
Updated 9/11/12 to reflect the change in policy of allowing most items to be renewed
Updated 10/15/12 to reflect the change in policy of not allowing for consecutive bookings of an item (or similar) item.
Updated 03/24/2014 to emphasis a 72 hour interval before checking out a "similar item"
see also: checking out loanable technology