SSHEL Collaboration Room
The Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL) currently offers one collaboration room located in SSHEL South (Room 101 Main Library) for group study sessions, presentation practice, and other collaborative educational work.
Room includes: dry erase board, dry erase markers and eraser, table and chairs (accommodates 2-6 people). Laptop/computer not included.
The room can be reserved via phone: (217) 244-1864; email; or in person at the Circulation Desk in Room 101, Main Library.
- The collaboration room can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per day, per reserving individual/group.
- After 2 hours of use, another member of the group may renew the reservation one time (maximum of 2 additional hours) if the room is not already requested or reserved.
- Standing reservations (such as every Wednesday at 3 P.M.) are not permitted.
- Room can be reserved for any time during the current semester. During the intersession, the room may be reserved for the upcoming semester.
- The group member who reserved the room must present their I-Card and check in with staff at the SSHEL circulation desk in Room 101, Main Library, to gain access to the room at the reserved time.
- In the event of a late arrival, the room will be held for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time.
- When the room is not reserved, it is available on a first come, first serve basis for a maximum of 2 hours per group, per day. Groups without a reservation must check in with an I-Card at the SSHEL circulation desk in Room 101, Main Library at the desired time of use.
Room Use Requirements
- Use of the room is limited to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students, faculty, or staff with a valid and current I-Card.
- Room may be used by groups only, with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people. Individual use is not permitted.
- Room may not be used for regular class meetings, office hours, or library staff meetings or events.
- Room opens for use 30 minutes after SSHEL opening time and closes 30 minutes before SSHEL closing time each day. See SSHEL hours.
- All SSHEL, University Library, and University policies apply while using collaboration rooms. See SSHEL Policies.
Other Library Collaboration Rooms