SSHEL Collaboration Room
The Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL) has two collaboration rooms, one in SSHEL South (Room 101, Main Library) and one in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library), for group study sessions, presentation practice, and other collaborative educational work.
Both rooms have a table and chairs with outlets for laptops. The SSHEL South collaboration room also includes a TV monitor which you can hook up to your laptop or computer as well as a dry erase board, dry erase markers and eraser. Cables are included; however, laptop/computer is not included.
The room can be reserved via phone: (217) 244-1864; email; or in person at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library).
- The collaboration room can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per day, per reserving individual/group.
- After 2 hours of use, another member of the group may renew the reservation one time (maximum of 2 additional hours) if the room is not already requested or reserved.
- Standing reservations (such as every Wednesday at 3 P.M.) are not permitted.
- Room can be reserved for any time during the current semester. During the intersession, the room may be reserved for the upcoming semester.
- The group member who reserved the room must present their I-Card and check in with staff at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library) to gain access to the room at the reserved time.
- In the event of a late arrival, the room will be held for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time.
- When the room is not reserved, it is available on a first come, first serve basis for a maximum of 2 hours per group, per day. Groups without a reservation should check in with an I-Card at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library) at the desired time of use.
Room Use Requirements
- Use of the room is limited to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students, faculty, or staff with a valid and current I-Card.
- Room may be used by groups only, with a minimum of 2 people. The SSHEL South room can accommodate up to 6 people, while the SSHEL North room can accommodate up to 4. Individual use is not permitted.
- Room may not be used for regular class meetings, office hours, or library staff meetings or events.
- Room opens for use 30 minutes after SSHEL opening time and closes 30 minutes before SSHEL closing time each day. See SSHEL hours.
- All SSHEL, University Library, and University policies apply while using collaboration rooms. See SSHEL Policies.
Other Library Collaboration Rooms