Use one or more of these databases to search for articles on a specific topic using keywords, subject headings, authors and more.
- PubMed (MEDLINE)
- BIOSIS (Biological Abstracts)
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- MedlinePlus.gov (Health Consumers)
- NCBI Databases
- SciFinder Scholar (Chemical Abstracts)
- Scopus (Sciences, Engineering, Technology)
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index)
Electronic Journals (E-Journals)
Search or browse individual online journals
- Annual Review of Medicine
- JAMA – Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Journal of Experimental Medicine
- Nature Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine
- More: Biomedical Journals by Subject (NetID and password required)
Use Additional Library Resources
Bioinformation Portal provides access to major resources for biomedical and biological sciences.
Health Information Portal
Health Information Portal provides subject-specific resource guides for health topics such as Alternative Medicine, Bioengineering, Genetics, Nursing, Public Health and more.
E-Books can also be found in the catalog or by searching collections that include core textbooks for basic science, clinical science, medicine and nursing.
Biomedical Related Libraries and Library Services
Other libraries at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign also have biomedical-related materials and services to assist with your research.
Develop Research Skills
Research guides help users find and use information resources related to a specific subject or for a specific class. There are also general guides for conducting research and managing information.
Biomedical Research Guides
Learn About Other Resources on Campus
- Insitutional Review Board IRB
- Office of Technology Management
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- Scholarly Commons
Other Biomedical Related Units on Campus
Learn about biomedical resources, research, and services at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Beckman Institute
- Health and Wellness Research Initiative
- Health Information Technology Center
- Institute for Genomic Biology
- Psychology Department
- Resources for Clinical and Translational Research at Illinois
- Roy J. Carter Biotechnology Center
Browse Useful Websites
Websites may provide statistics, data, articles, documents, and other information about a specific field of study or employment. Associations, societies, institutions, and government websites are particularly useful.
About the Biomedical Sciences Collection
Biomedical Science is a multidisciplinary area covering basic science, medicine, nursing, health, bioengineering, biotechnology, human genomic research and more.
Please direct comments, questions, or requests for information, instruction or consultation to Peg Burnette, Biomedical Sciences Librarian (217) 300-5942.