What can you expect when you walk in the Scholarly Commons? We have staff on hand Monday through Friday from 1-5 p.m. to help get you started in the right direction. After assessing your needs, here just a few of the possibilities:
- Consult one-on-one with a member of the Data Services team.
- Use one of our workstations to conduct research with a piece of software.
- Discuss copyright questions — either about your own intellectual property rights or about using copyrighted material.
- Arrange to use our Web usability testing work station to conduct a test or series of tests.
- Scan a large quantity of text using our sheet-fed scanner, and with our advanced OCR software, prepare it for search or text analysis.
- Scan pages from a book with our book-friendly scanner.
Additionally, we can help you connect with subject specialists in the Library to address in-depth questions.