The following hardware is available for use at the Scholarly Commons:
- 7 dual monitor PCs (1 in the Usability Lab)
- 2 Macs (1 in the Usability Lab) with a wireless keyboard and mouse
- 2 Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops for room-use
- An 11x17 flatbed book scanner (Plustek Optibook A-300)
- An 11/17 flat bed scanner (Epson GT-20000)
- An 11x17 automatic sheet fed scanner (Epson GT-20000)
- A 21 x 22 x 47 overhead book scanner (Book2Net)
- A 35mm/APS(IX240) film (Nikon Super CoolScan 5000 ED)
- Morae Observer workstation synced with Usability Lab
- 4 Gigabyte thumb drives
- USB Headset
- Microphone and stand for voice recording
The Usability Lab has one dual monitor PC with Morae Usability Software and one Mac with Silverback Usability Software. Both machines have identical software installations as those in the Scholarly Commons.
If additional equipment is required for your research, consider visiting the Media Commons at the Undergraduate Library. The Media Commons provides access to technology like digital cameras, voice recorders, and tablets. It also provides a space to collaborate and you will have access to consultation services to support your research.