The following hardware is available for use at the Scholarly Commons:
- 9 dual monitor and 2 single monitor PCs
- 2 Macs with wireless keyboard and mouse
- 2 Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops for room-use
- An 11x17 flatbed book scanner (Plustek Optibook A-300)
- An 11x17 automatic sheet fed scanner (Epson GT-20000)
- A 21 x 22 x 47 overhead book scanner (Book2Net)
- A 35mm/APS(IX240) film (Nikon Super CoolScan 5000 ED)
- Morae Observer workstation synced with Usability Lab
- 4 Gigabyte thumb drives
- USB Headset
- Microphone and stand for voice recording
The Usability Lab has one dual monitor PC with Morae Usability Software and one Mac with Silverback Usability Software. Both machines have identical software installations as those in the Scholarly Commons.
If additional equipment is required for your research, considering visiting the Media Commons at the Undergraduate Library. The Media Commons provides access to technology like digital cameras, voice recorders, and tablets; space to collaborate; and consultation services to support your research.