The Cannon CannoScan 8800F scanner is connected to a PC with the full edition of Adobe Acrobat as well as Adobe Photoshop Elements. The computer does not have OCR software or a document feeder. This scanner scans at a resolution of 4800 x 9600 dpi. It can accommodate documents and photos up to 8.5" x 11.7".
These are easy to use, but keep in mind:
- Open the "Scan and Edit Images" folder on the desktop of the computers; through this you can open Acrobat 8.0 or Photoshop Elements, both of which can be used to scan
To create a PDF
- With Adobe Acrobat 8.0, select “Create PDF” from the start-up screen or menu and then select “ Create PDF from scanner"
- You may select options for double-sided, color and black & white scanning
- Select where you want to save the document before you scan it
- If the PDF is saved on the computer, you can email it to yourself, upload it to Netfiles or transfer it to a USB drive.
- To create a multiple page document as you’re scanning – the application will ask after each page you’ve scanned if you would like to scan another page in order to create a multi-page document.
- Multiple one page documents can be combined into one multiple page document by selecting “File → Combine Files”
To scan web ready images or documents:
- With Adobe Photoshop Elements, select "Edit → Enhance Photos" from the opening screen, then select "File → Import → Canoscan 8800F
- To preview scan your image or document, click "Preview"
- This will give you a rough scan of your image or document to verify placement. The quality of the preview scan is not the same as the final scan, it is just a rough draft.
- To scan image:
- Click "Scan"
- Select the option to either retouch and save your image or scan other images.
- "Scan other images" will save the images to the work area of Photoshop but does not save them anywhere else.
- To edit images, select "Retouch and save the image"
- Saving web-ready images for a website or to email can be done two ways:
- 1. Select "File → Save As." Then from the Format dropdown list, select "JPEG" or "Compuserve GIF" OR 2. Select "File → Save for web."
- If a scanned image is too large, the size may be changed in the "New Size" boxes. To change size, change the percentage and click "Apply."
- To save the image to disk, click "OK."