Multivolume sets will be apparent from the extent of item element in the 300 field.
- In the MFHD, click on the MARC tab and then on Leader within it. Change Type of Record to v : multipart item holdings.
- Set up the 852 field as instructed in “Creating MFHD” above.
863 fields as illustrated below, adding an 863 field for each volume:
852 8 _ ≠b rbx-nc ≠h shelfmark ≠t 1 ≠x Acquired: Date Month Year (Source) 853 2 3 ≠8 1 ≠a v. 863 4 0 ≠8 1.10 ≠a 1 863 4 0 ≠8 1.20 ≠a 2
- The parts of a multivolume set will share a shelfmark and will be differentiated by v.1 [etc.]
below the shelfmark on the flags, as in the example below:
- To print flags for multivolume sets:
- On desktop, under
My Computer → choose
→ choose Rare Books folder
→ choose Mellon Cat. folder
→ choose Call Strips folder
→ choose IUA Call Strips (or MINI or IUQ, as appropriate) folder
- Under View, Markup must be set to off.
- Change shelfmark numbers on screen to whatever is needed for items in hand.
- Put call strip paper in bottom drawer of printer.
- Before sending print command, be sure to change print range to page 1 only!!!
- On desktop, under My Computer → choose G drive
- A new item record should be created for each physical volume, as instructed above, with the
addition of the following step:
- In the Enum. field of the item record, type the appropriate volume number as on the flag (i.e., with no spaces).
- Proceed with the barcoding process, and when finished, mark each volume.