The Stodola Collection was initially created from books collected by Prof. Frank Stodola for the Roger Adams Memorial Collection in the History of Organic Chemistry in 1977. Prof. Stodola acquired his Ph.D in 1933 in Organic chemistry from the University of Minnesota. He served as the Head of the Pioneering Laboratory for Microbiological Chemistry, Northern Regional Research Laboratory from 1957 until 1972 in Peoria. The collection contains books covering the topics of organic chemistry, history of development of experimental processes, dictionaries and early manuals of chemistry. The collection was moved from the Chemistry Department into the Rare Book and Manuscript Library in 1986.
The books in the collection have been cataloged by the Rare Book and Manuscript Library and can be found by searching under the heading Frank H. Stodola Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library)