Educator Resource Trunks
About the trunks
The Prairie Research Institute Library is a loan location for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources "Resources Trunks" for educators, and also for the "Naturally Illinois Science Box" which was developed by Prairie Research Institute staff. Each trunk is a collection of educational resources, including specimens, books, kits, and activities appropriate for a wide age-range of learners.
Who can borrow trunks?
- Any educator, including teachers, Scout leaders, 4H leaders or project helpers may borrow a trunk.
- Institute Staff are welcome to borrow them for outreach activities.
- You do not need to be affiliated with the Institute or the University to borrow a trunk.
- There is no charge to borrow a trunk.
Trunks at the Prairie Research Institute Library
(Click on trunk names to see descriptions and check availability)
How do I borrow a trunk?
- To reserve one of our trunks contact the Institute Library desk.
- You can check availability by clicking the trunk names above.
- The standard loan period for a trunk is 2 weeks.
- Pick up and return the Institute Library's trunks here.
Are there other trunks or other lending locations?
- For a complete list of all trunks available from the Department of Natural Resources and their lending locations, see Teacher Resources on the Illinois Department of Natural Resources website.
- Trunks are also available locally from the Anita Purves Nature Center.