- Welcome and NSM updates (JoAnn Jacoby)
- CPLA-ACES Report (Sue Searing & the folks from ACES)
- Trivia and Prizes
- Scholarly Commons Report (Scott Walter)
- Digital Content Lifecycle Management Report (Michael Norman)
Scholarly Commons [
Notes from the session
- Final report is in draft form and almost complete.
- CPLA closed at the end of the spring semester and moved all items to Funk-ACES over the next
6-8 weeks. The move went smoothly and ahead of schedule.
- Pat Allen and Barbara Trumpinski-Roberts shared their thoughts and experiences about the
- These experiences are being documented for use by future implementation teams.
- Scott discussed how the team looked at other academic libraries in order to try to carve a
uniquely Illinois look at how to best address faculty and student needs through a Commons.
They wanted the framework to encompass traditional library services plus new, and changing,
- He shared lessons learned and findings in the presentation.
Commons Leadership Team Report will be reviewed at the October 27, 2008 Executive Committee
Digital Content Lifecycle Management
- Michael briefly reviewed the history of digital projects at the Library. In the last 2-3
years, the Library received an infusion of funding to focus on digitization and identifying
collections to make accessible.
- The team is working to streamline digital work in the Library, create a sustainable model for a
program encompassing all phases of the digital lifecycle, and involve more people in the process of
building digital collections.
Content Lifecycle Management Team Report identifies 6 critical areas to grow a sustainable
digital program in the Library and will be reviewed at the October 27, 2008 Executive Committee