May 21, 2009
- The group recommends the new unit be named "Reference, Research, and Government Information
- In the
library hours, the group
recommends that Gov Docs continue to be listed through the end the fall semester with note to "See
Info Desk" or "See Reference, Research, and Government Information Desk," depending on which is
name is used for the service point. The separate listing in the hours page should be discontinued
after the fall.
- The location page should be changed to use the new name "Reference, Research, and Government
Information Services" Government Documents should be changed to "Government Information Services"
with the location and contact info the same as for the new unit (200 Library, 333-2290; hours)
- JoAnn will submit unit head position description to EC as it stands and include Mary's
comments; she will also submit the coordinator position
- Mary will draft the NSM Funding request for a new microfiche reader/printer and forward the
draft to JoAnn by May 27, 2009.
- Review documents on G: - what issues remain to be addressed?
- Respond to Kathleen's Doodle poll about training.
Next meeting is Monday, June 15 from 1-2:30p in the Slavic conference room
- The group will use the scheduled June 15th meeting to write a mission statement → Everyone
bring keywords, phrases, and ideas.