UIUC U.S. Sheet Music Database
How to Search the Online U.S. Sheet Music Database
- Fill in as many fields as you like.
- You can search the piano and vocal music databases simultaneously or individually by checking
the appropriate boxes.
- The "number" field is an index number assigned to each work cataloged within a specific year
(see sample call number below). This does not refer to opus numbers, etc.
- After entering your search criteria, click on the 'Search' button at the bottom of the form. A
search for records matching all of your search criteria will be conducted.
- Results will be returned in groups of 25. (Click on 'Next' or 'Previous' buttons to see any
- Note Bene! Be sure to write down the entire call number from the result screen! The call
number includes the year of publication and the individual work number and will look like this:
Piano Sheet Music (M1.A2IP52) -- 1923, no.76