The Mathematics Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is located in Altgeld
Hall, originally known as the Library Building. Completed in 1897, Altgeld Hall is considered to be
one of the finest examples of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, and was placed on the National
Register of Historic Places in 1970.
For the history of Altgeld Hall, go to the UIHistories Project website. Altgeld Hall received four major additions in 1914, 1919, 1926, and 1956. Visit the Altgeld Hall floor plan page, maps of Altgeld Hall additions, and images of Mathematics Library change for more information.
The current floor plan of Altgeld Hall is available through the Altgeld Hall floor plan page. To take a virtual tour, follow the University of Illinois Campus Tours Site.
The University Chime was installed in the Altgeld Tower in 1920. To know more about the Chimes and the Chime concert schedule, go to the Chimes Tower site.