NPG to launch Scientific Data
May 31, 2013
The NPG press release outlines the concept and some details about Scientific Data:
- It is a new open-access, online-only platform for describing scientific datasets.
- It will initially focus on datasets from the life, biomedical and environmental sciences.
- The content will be "peer-reviewed, scientific publications that provide detailed descriptions of experimental and observational datasets."
- The Scientific Data content will be accessible and searchable through the new platform, under a Creative Commons license.
- The datasets will be stored in public, community-recognized repositories, but if a disciplinary repository is not available, the datasets can be deposited in a general repository, such as Dryad or Figshare
- All accepted content will be published on payment of an article-processing charge.
- It will be open for submissions in fall 2013.