How do I use the library?
- Ask A Librarian You can contact us any time you have a research or library-related question, either online with chat, on your home or cell phone, by email, or just by coming to our reference desks.
- How Do I...? Will guide you through the research process and assist you in finding various kinds of information and better understanding the library.
- Finding Materials in the UIUC Library These pages will explain how to find books, articles and journals, reserves, dissertations, and movies/videos, as well as how to find items in the Main Stacks, in departmental libraries, at the Oak Street High Density Storage Facility, and in off-campus (non-UIUC) libraries.
- Course Reserves Print and Electronic reserves.
- Tours of the Library Take a tour of the library, in-person or virtually!
- Workshops at the Library Hands-on learning covering topics like how to find books and articles, current awareness, citation management and much more.
- Webpages and Guides by Subject Guides and Handouts providing information about locating general and specific information at the libraries.
- Find a Subject Specialist
- Library Services for Users with Disabilities The University Library is committed to providing effective accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Take Us with you Whether you are across the state or on the other side of the globe, as a current University of Illinois student or faculty member, you have access to an array of library resources and services designed to assist you with your research needs.
- Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions about the University Library and finding materials.
- LEARN about the Library A one-stop guide to your research at the University of Illinois library