- Begin at the Library Gateway (http://www.library.illinois.edu/).
- Enter "Chronicle of Higher Education" in the search box
- This will take you to the "Easy Search Results" page which will have a direct link to The Chronicle of Higher Education (link highlighted below).
- Click on the underlined link for The Chronicle of Higher Education [Note: If you are off campus, you will have to enter your NetID and Active Directory password in order to proceed].
How to Subscribe to RSS Feeds
- Once you are on The Chronicle of Higher Education main page, scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a small link for "Site Map" (circled in red below).
- Click on Site Map to go to The Chronicle's list of RSS Feeds page. The Chronicle of Higher Education offers numerous RSS feeds, discussed at more length below.
Offering six different RSS News Feeds: All News, Faculty, Administration, Technology, Community Colleges, and International.
Opinion & Ideas
Offering four different RSS Opinion and Ideas Feeds: Main Opinion & Ideas, The Chronicle Review, Commentary and Brainstorm.
Offering twenty different RSS Topics Feeds: Including Teaching, Research, Academic Freedom, and much more.
Offering four different RSS Advice Feeds: Advice Daily, Manage your career, Do your job better, and Run your campus.
- Go to the Newsletters homepage: http://chronicle.com/section/Newsletters/85/
- If you haven't already, sign up for a free account
- You'll need a valid email address, choose your own user name and password, agree to the terms of agreement and choose from the list of nine newsletters. Click on the "Create a Free Account" button. When you receive the confirmation email from the Chronicle, you must click on the link provided in this message in order to activate your Chronicle account. You are now subscribed to the email alerts you selected!
Email alerts are available for:
- Academe Today (in HTML and plain text versions)
- Academe Today Afternoon Updates
- The Chronicle Review Newsletter
- The Weekly Briefing
- Community College Newsletter
- The Wired Campus Newsletter
- On Hiring Newsletter
- Breaking-News Extras