The Library IT Help Desk no longer checks out MS Office cd's to Library Employees for personally-owned computers.
As of July 1, 2010 MS Office is available, via the WebStore, for "free". Once ordered you will be given a program code, which you will use once you are logged into the Microsoft web page (The link will be shown once you have ordered from WebStore). Once you are on the MS webpage there is a $9.95 cost to download the software.
The following directions and screen shots will guide you through the ordering process.
- Click the Software Tab
- From the drop down menu choose MS Office for UIUC Faculty and Staff Personally-Owned Computers - Campus Agreement. (This is multiplatform, which means for Windows and/or Macs)
- Click go
The next screen you will see the item description.
- Click add to cart
- Click I agree for the End User License Agreement (if you agree!)
- View Cart - After agreeing to the license agreement you will be taken to a page that views your cart. You should verify that what you selected is correct.
- Click Checkout if everything is correct.
- Enter name and e-mail address
- Click next
- Click on Program Code
- Read the Special Instructions and copy the code number.
- Click "Microsoft Home use Program Site" link
Congratulations! You have ordered MS Office for UIUC Faculty and Staff Personally-Owned Computers - Campus Agreement from the WebStore.
Once you have clicked on the "Microsoft Home Use Program Site link you will be taken to a Microsoft page
- Choose Location
- Enter your UIUC e-mail address and Program Code
- Further Instructions
You will receive an e-mail confirmation.
- Open E-mail and click Buy Now. A new window will open.
- Choose product language and click add to cart
- Next Screen is Checkout. Review your cart then click checkout.
- Fill out billing information and click continue.
- Confirm Order (make sure to check the terms and conditions box).
- Click the Download button.
- You will then receive a new e-mail with serial number(s).
- Now Run the installer you downloaded. Once that is done you will need to enter product key.
- After that, select your install options like normal whether you’re installing Office for the first time or upgrading from Office 2007.
Installation should then be complete.