Problems logging in to the Library Catalog
- Cookies must be turned on. You must have cookies turned on in your web browser to log in to the Library Catalog. If your browser does not accept cookies from illinois.edu, you will not be able to log in. Help for cookies is available at these locations:
- Zotero (for Firefox users). If you use a newer version of Firefox plus Zotero, you may have a problem logging in to the Library Catalog. If you have previously used Zotero with the Library Gateway (the main Library page), Zotero may have automatically acquired and stored a proxy setting from the Gateway. In this situation, you will be unable to log in to the Catalog with Zotero. If you have this problem, you can either use a different browser with the Catalog, or you can disable/remove the EZproxy setting in Firefox. Click the red Z icon in the bottom right corner of Firefox. Go to Preferences -> Proxies to change the EZproxy setting in Zotero.
Catalog Search Help
Your Catalog Account
- If you just want to search in the Library Catalog, you don't need to create an account.
- If you want to request items via the Catalog or use any of the "My Account" features, you need to create an account and login.
- To set up an account, click the "Login" link on the right side of the page. Then click "Create a new account." Fill in the "Basic information" and then the "Library Catalog Profile" information. Click "Submit" to create the account.
- After your account has been created, use the user name and password you selected to login to the system. Unlike the Classic Catalog, you don't need to use your 14-digit Library barcode to login.
- If you later forget your user name or password, click the "Forgot your Password?" link on the Login page, and enter the email address you used to create your original account. The system will send you an email containing your username and a generated password. After you login with the new password, you can change it on the User Account screen to something easier to remember. You can also contact the CARLI Office for help recovering your account
Need to find a library?
- Go here to find out where all the U of I libraries are located.