Lync is the voice component of the Unified Communications (UC) environment, replacing conventional landline phone service on campus in 2012. Lync accounts are available for individual employees as well as units for Library service desks and offices. CITES manages Lync services on campus, and the Help Desk coordinates Lync accounts within the Library.
Personal Lync accounts for individual employees
- each employee (except undergraduate student employees) has a personal Lync-enabled account;
- each staff workstation has Lync software installed;
- each employee has a Lync-compatible phone device that connects to a USB port on a staff computer.
Lync unit phone accounts in the Library
- each Library unit has one or more Lync accounts for the unit itself;
- phone devices for unit accounts plug directly into data jacks and do not need to be connected to a computer;
- unit phones can be used by anyone working in the unit, even undergrad student employees who do not have Lync accounts.
E911 service is available for all Lync users.
Quick Start Guides