Send a request to Library IT
We normally request that employees submit an OTRS ticket for their IT issues and questions. What is an OTRS ticket? Library IT utilizes a Help Desk software called the Open-source Ticket Request System (OTRS), which helps us manage communication with Library employees and tech issues. The Help Desk monitors this system constantly during business hours (8:30-5:00).
- If you're a library employee and having an issue with your computer or a library system, please send a ticket. If it's an issue with a certain workstation or device, please include its hostname or inventory number in the ticket.
- Haven't received a reply? You may have caught us at a busy time. If you haven't received a response within 3 days, please try to contact us again.
- If you are unable to log into OTRS, you can also email us, which creates a ticket.
Call the Help Desk
The Help Desk is also available by phone at 244-4688.
- If a public printer has an error and is not printing, please call us as we can remove the error immediately.
- If your computer or internet is disabled to the extent that you're unable to log an OTRS ticket, please give us a call at 244-4688 or stop by 424 Main Library.
Visit the Help Desk
We are located in room 424 of the Main Library, and are open 8:30-5:00, Monday-Friday.
- We only require you to stop by the Help Desk in person when picking up a Voyager password or loanable equipment.
- If you are unable to call or send an OTRS ticket, please visit the Help Desk and we will create a ticket for you.
Plan a project
Many library employees develop grants, research projects, and new services in addition to their routine duties. Library IT can provide technology consultations to devise solutions for your project's needs. Please email one of the Library IT contacts to discuss your plans.
- Project planning will develop more smoothly if you contact Library IT early in the planning process.
- Not sure who to contact? The Help Desk can direct you to contacts appropriate for your project.