Published from 1901 to 1940, Woman's World was a popular Chicago mail-order journal with a national circulation of nearly two million. In 1914, the magazine's owner, George H. Currier, hired Walter W. Manning as Advertising Manager. Manning purchased Woman's World three years later and served as editor and publisher until his death in 1931.
The collection consists mainly of incoming correspondence related to Woman's World, with most of the letters from advertisers and advertising firms. The collection also contains a 1925 scrapbook of re-typed letters from readers and also a 1914 personal letter to Manning concerning the American colony in Santiago, Chile.
The Library acquired the collection in 1989.