Pasted into this volume are clippings, mainly from the Ottawa Republican, relating to the construction of La Salle County's fourth court house. Although most of the clippings are not dated, the Board of Supervisors authorized the building in 1880, and it was completed in 1883. George W. Armstrong chaired the building committee, and Henry Bellinghausen, another supervisor, was the secretary.
The clippings cover nearly every phase of the project, including a drawing of the building. Part of the committee's Final Report (Dec. 1883) and Financial Statement (Jan. 2, 1884) are also affixed. Articles relating to the Utica Bridge, a dog tax, compulsory education, and Canada thistles take the last pages of the volume.