Scope and Contents: In 1927, the Montevideo Building Corporation built one of Champaign-Urbana's earliest cooperative apartment buildings at the northeast corner of Nevada Street and Coler Avenue in Urbana (now 706 S. Coler Ave.). The Montevideo's architect was George E. Ramey. The original owners were W. S. Bagley, C. E. Gates, Paul Landis, F. L. Stevens, Laura W. van den Berg, and Mary S. Van Dervoort, most of whom were on the University of Illinois faculty. The collection includes the architectural plans, 1926 and 1968, as well as the financial and legal papers of the Corporation. Eleanor Blum donated the collection to the Library in 1983-84.
Detailed list of collection contents: http://www.library.illinois.edu/ihx/inventories/montevideo.pdf