Milmine, Dillow, and Hawver (Ill.) Schools, Records, 1862-1948 | Illinois History and Lincoln Collections
Milmine, Dillow, and Hawver were rural school districts in southwestern Piatt County, Illinois. They comprised respectively Piatt County School Districts 77, 72, and 74, until they were consolidated into the Bement School District in 1948. This collection contains records of the three school districts' one or two room primary schools, with Milmine represented most fully. Included are Boards of Directors' minutes, financial records, registers, and miscellaneous items. The collection also contains material published by the Piatt County School Survey Committee in 1942 and 1943.
Ann L. Skagenberg of Monticello, Illinois, obtained a portion of the collection, including the registers, from Roberta Hainer, a niece of Margaret Born, a teacher in Milmine for 35 years. She obtained other items from the descendants of Alice Hendrix, the last secretary of the Milmine School Board. She donated all of the material to the Library in 1989-90.