University Library's online catalog makes citation quick and easy. Make sure to select VuFind, not Classic Search, when selecting a catalog for this citation tool.
1. When you find the book you want to cite, click on "Cite This" icon located above the title.
2. Once you click "Cite This," citation of the book in APA and MLA Citation format appears. You can copy the one for the citation format you are using, and paste it in your bibliography. Remember to double check that the citation is correct.
1. Once you find the article you need, click on Save Citation or Email Citation.
1. Once you find an item you need, click on Cite This Item link.
2. Several citation styles will be displayed. Select the style you are using, copy and paste it onto your bibliography.
RefWorks is a citation management and formatting program that the University Library subscribe to, and is free for University of Illinois students, faculty, and staff. RefWorks allows you to import citations from many databases, WorldCat and other sources, and automatically generate bibliography. Take a look at the University Library's web page on RefWorks to learn more about it and start using!
Take a look at the Citing Print & Electronic Resources, created by the Reference, Research and Government Information Services at the U of I Library.