Gaming Initiative - Events
Game Career Night 2012
Curious about what it’s like to work in the video game industry? Come to library Gaming Career
Night 2012, where artists, programmers, writers, IT managers, music composers, and others from
local game company Volition, Inc. will answer student questions about what it takes to succeed in
the industry. Art students, game designers, and others are invited to bring in their
portfolios to be reviewed/critiqued by Volition staff, and all Volition attendees will be available
for 1-on-1 and small group discussion on networking tips, academic advice, and job seeking
tips. Be sure to check out our guide to Gaming Careers here:
The event takes place on Thursday, April 19
th from 7-10pm in room 291 of the Undergraduate Library.
For more information on the event, contact David Ward (email@example.com)
- 4/18/11 - 4/19/11,
ARIS Global Game Jam 2011.
- November 13th, 2010 -
ALA National Gaming Day III
- April 8th, 2010 - Library Gaming Career Night 2010 (see
- November 14th, 2009 -
ALA National Gaming Day
- April 2nd, 2009 -
Gaming Career Night. 7-10pm in Room 295 of the Undergrad Library. For more
information, see our guide to resources on gaming careers at:
- Fall 2008 - ALA National Gaming Day. Participated in national library-sponsored Super Smash
Brothers Brawl torunament and open gaming featuring new and vintage games from the library's
- Fall 2007 - Music in Gaming Night. Faculty member Guy Garnett spoke about hist music
composition software/game. Volition gaming company professionals talked about the process of
composing music in games, and how to get involved.
- Fall 2006 - Former Speech Comm faculty member Dmitri Williams guest speaker, discussing his
research and answering studetn questions. Open gaming and Guitar Hero tournament.
- Spring 2006 - Collection Kick-Off Event. Open gaming and a DDR tournament.