Search results for Opened   
Refine your search
Subject
Clubs (2)
Settlement Houses (2)
Hotels (1)
Kindergartens (1)
Prisoners of War (1)
Show more...

Date
1888 (2)
1869 (1)
1893 (1)
1901-12 (1)
1902-05 (1)
Show more...

Creator
Vandercook co. (1)

select all : clear all : add to favorites results 1-8 of 8 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Lakeside Club Lakeside Club Clubs From text: ""The Lakeside Club was organized in 1884, for the purpose of promoting social intercourse between its members and their families. Two houses were taken at the corner of Wabash Avenue and Thirtieth...

2. Standard Club Standard Club Clubs From text: "The Standard Club was organized in 1869, and chartered February 14th, 1887. The object for which it was formed is the social and mental improvement of its members by social intercourse and...

3. Christian Brothers Academy Christian Brothers Academy Private schools From text: "The Academy of the Christian Brothers, on Van Buren street, near Clark, was first opened in the spring of 1868, and has already achieved a very high and deserved celebrity. In the Order of...

4. Union Stock Yards Union Stock Yards Stockyards Caption: "[Engraved for The Standard Guide Company.] Union Stock Yards, Looking toward the Exchange. [See ""Great Industries."]". From text: "Located on South Halsted st.; in the former town of Lake, now...

5. Branch Settlement House Branch Settlement House Kindergartens; Settlement houses Caption: "Branch Settlement House near Old Commons." From text: "The appeal of the child life of the traffic crowded streets and ill equipped homes, won the first response from our hearts and home. There...

6. The Textile Room The Textile Room Settlement houses; Galleries & museums Caption: "The Textile Room." From text: "The [Hull House Labor] Museum was opened in November, 1900, and from the first, five departments were planned, though, owing to lack of space and equipment, only...

7. Lake View House Lake View House Hotels Caption: "The Lake View House (Permission Mr. James J. Wilson and Chicago Historical Society)". From text: ""There was also a hotel, called the Lake View House, having been opened on July 4, 1854, occupying...

8. Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas Prisons; Prisoners of war Caption: "Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas By Courtesy of the Chicago Historical Society". Camp Douglas opened as a training camp for Union troops in 1861 on the property of Stephen J. Douglas, between...
select all : clear all : add to favorites results 1-8 of 8 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^