Search results for Designed > Office Buildings   
Refine your search
Date
1906 (8)

select all : clear all : add to favorites results 1-8 of 8 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Railway Exchange Building Railway Exchange Building Office buildings Caption: "This edifice is numbered among the handsomest office buildings in the city. It is located on Michigan Avenue, near the Art Institute, overlooking Lake Michigan. The structure is devoted to office...

2. Stock Exchange Stock Exchange Office buildings Caption: "The Chicago Stock Exchange Building is located at the corner of Washington and La Salle streets, diagonally across from City Hall. It is one of the largest office structures in the city. The...

3. Masonic Temple Masonic Temple Office buildings Caption: "The Masonic Temple, situated at the corner of Randolph and State streets, is two hundred and sixty-five feet high. The number of its tenants would be sufficient to populate a fair sized village....

4. Woman's Temple Woman's Temple Office buildings Caption: "The Woman's Temple, at the corner of Monroe and La Salle streets, stands as a monument to the untiring temperance workers of Chicago. It is twelve stories high and contains three hundred offices....

5. The Rookery The Rookery Office buildings Caption: "When the great fire of 1871 destroyed the City Hall at the corner of La Salle and Adams streets a temporary building erected on the site was jokingly called " The Rookery." The twelve story building...

6. Monadnock Building Monadnock Building Office buildings Caption: "This building presents the appearance of being the most substantial structure in Chicago. It occupies the entire block bounded by Jackson Boulevard, Clark, Dearborn and Van Buren streets. Several...

7. Central YMCA Building Central YMCA Building Office buildings Located at 19 S. LaSalle Street. Designed by Jenney & Mundie and built in 1893.

8. Garrick Theater Garrick Theater Office buildings; Theaters The Garrick Theater, built in 1892, was designed by Adler & Sullivan, and was located at 64 W. Randolph Street.
select all : clear all : add to favorites results 1-8 of 8 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^