add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
University of Illinois campus, World War II
University of Illinois campus, World War II
Resource Typeimage
TitleUniversity of Illinois campus, World War II
Coverage / Year2004
DescriptionOn June 18, 1860 Reverend Johnathan C. Stoughton proposed that a school be built between the twin cities. In October, 1864, Turner and Clark R. Griggs were appointed to investigate possible sites for the university. The county board of supervisors agreed to purchase the Urbana and Champaign institutes for $24, 000. The school was created for agricultural purposes, and the main building located in the back is entitled "the Elephant."
Lesson Plans / ThemesA personal primary source shoebox; How we learn about communities; Introduction of artifacts as primary souce; Urban Treasure Hunt;
Learning Standards16 History; 18 Social Systems;
Author or CreatorMike Marassa, Edison Middle School, Champaign, Illinois.
Other ContributorsS. Benkohal
N. Sharp
J. Gaydos
Subject / KeywordsUniversity; Buildings; Foundation
Collection PublisherEdison Middle School, Champaign, Illinois;
Further InformationFor any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc for more information about this project.
Rights Management Statementhttp://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc/conditions.htm
Resource IdentifierUIWWII
CONTENTdm file name4684211442004_UIWWII.jpg
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^