add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
B.F. Harris, II House (Carle Pavilion), Champaign, Illinois
B.F. Harris, II House (Carle Pavilion), Champaign, Illinois
Resource Typeimage
TitleB.F. Harris, II House (Carle Pavilion), Champaign, Illinois
Coverage / Year2004
DescriptionThe B. F. Harris house, which is now the Carle Pavilion, is located at 809 West Church Street. The B.F. Harris family founded the Cattle Bank, The First National Bank, and owned the Urbana and Champaign Railway, as well as the End Amusement Park on West Church Street (now Eisner Park). In 1904, B.F. Harris II built the mansion on West Church Street. In 1957, the building opened as Cole Hospital and today is known as the Carle Pavilion.
Lesson Plans / ThemesA personal primary source shoebox; How we learn about communities; Introduction of artifacts as primary souce; Urban Treasure Hunt;
Learning Standards16 History; 18 Social Systems
Author or CreatorMike Marassa, Edison Middle School, Champaign, Illinois.
Other ContributorsC. Lehmann
P. Page
R. King
Subject / KeywordsHouse; Houses; Hospitals; Champaign County, Illinois; Champaign, Illinois
Collection PublisherEdison Middle School, Champaign, Illinois
Further InformationFor any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc for more information about this project.
Rights Management Statementhttp://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc/conditions.htm
Resource IdentifierBFHarris2.jpg
CONTENTdm file name81223211442004_BFHarris2.jpg
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^