These coins came from a copper box placed in the Champaign City Building when it was built in 1889. The box contained some small articles and documents. When a new Champaign City Building was dedicated in 1938, additional articles were added to the box and it was placed behind a bronze plaque in the new lobby. In 1998, the box was retrieved adn the contents examined. Some of the items will be returned to a time capsule to be placed in the city building.