add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
University of Illinois Ceramics Building, Urbana, Illinois
University of Illinois Ceramics Building, Urbana, Illinois
Resource Typeimage
TitleUniversity of Illinois Ceramics Building, Urbana, Illinois
Coverage / Year1915
Description105 S. Goodwin Avenue, Urbana.
InterpretationJames B. Dibelka's restrained Renaissance Revival design is enhanced with a variety of types of tile and some of the best terra-cotta work in Champaign-Urbana. When the building was completed in 1915, Illinois ranked fourth among states in ceramics production. The brick, terra-cotta, concrete, and ornaments for the building came from Illinois. Brick manufacturers from the Midwest contributed sample display panels for the first floor hallway. Distributor of the card was the University of Illinois Supply Store.
Lesson Plans / ThemesUrban Treasure Hunt
Learning Standards16 History
Author or CreatorMiller, Patricia L.; Illinois Heritage Association
SourceHistory in Postcards: Champaign, Urbana, and the University of Illinois. Willis C. Baker, Patricia L. Miller. Illinois Heritage Association, 1993.
Subject / KeywordsUrbana, Illinois; Buildings; Education; Technology; Ceramics
Collection PublisherIllinois Heritage Association
Further InformationFor any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc for more information about this project.
Rights Management Statementhttp://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc/conditions.htm
Resource IdentifierIHA00181
CONTENTdm file name65653212372002_Image17.jpg
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^