add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Cole Hospital, Champaign, Illinois
Cole Hospital, Champaign, Illinois
Resource Typeimage
TitleCole Hospital, Champaign, Illinois
Coverage / Year1947
DescriptionCole Hospital, 809 West Church Street, Champaign, opened in 1947.
InterpretationCole Hospital was originally the home of B.F. Harris, II. It was operated as a private institution by David and Faye Cole until 1972 when is was sold to Qualicare, Inc. The building was extensively remodeled and converted to a non-profit hospital operated by Cole Hospital, Inc. A large, new building addition was dedicated in 1979. The hospital is now a psychiatric and drug treatment facility.
Lesson Plans / ThemesUrban Treasure Hunt;
Learning Standards16 History; 18 Social Systems
Author or CreatorMiller, Patricia L.; Illinois Heritage Association;
Subject / KeywordsBuildings; Champaign, Illinois; Hospitals; Health care
Collection PublisherIllinois Heritage Association;
Further InformationFor any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc for more information about this project.
Rights Management Statementhttp://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc/conditions.htm
Resource Identifierpmh4001
CONTENTdm file name57845171572002_colehospital.jpg
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^