add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Milton Public Library
Milton Public Library
TitleMilton Public Library
TypeImage
Digitized Materialblack and white postcard
Coverage-SpatialMilton, Delaware
SubjectLibrary buildings Delaware
Public libraries
DescriptionOn Front: Friends of the Milton Public Library, 121 Union St., Milton, DE 19968. Milton Library Association was organized in January 1875 and incorporated in 1883. The first library was in Welch's Drug Store. In December 1913, the library became part of the Milton New Century Club and was located in the J.O.A.M. Building. Then, it was moved to the second floor of the Palmer Building until 1920 when the library moved to the Odd Fellows Building. The present building on Union Street was moved into during July 1980 when it became a Sussex County Owned and Operated Facility.
PublisherALA Archives - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
ThemeLibrary Postcards
Sub-themeDelaware
LanguageEnglish
Work Dimensions-Measurement15.2 x 10.2 cm
MediumPaper
Digital Dimensions-Measurement3580 x 2379 pixels
FormatTIFF
Resolution-Measurement600 dpi
File Size-Measurement25550700 bytes
Resource IdentifierALA0000442
Date Created2008-10-29
CopyrightUnknown
Group-Record97
Sub Group-Record1
Series-Record55
RepositoryUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. University Archives
CollectionSjoerd Koopman Library Postcard Collection
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^