add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas
Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas
TitleConfederate prisoners at Camp Douglas
DescriptionCaption: "Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas By Courtesy of the Chicago Historical Society". Camp Douglas opened as a training camp for Union troops in 1861 on the property of Stephen J. Douglas, between 31st and 33rd Streets, and Cottage Grove and present-day Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, and later served as a prisoner of war camp for Confederate soldiers. (Source: Encyclopedia of Chicago http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/388.html)
Date1910-04-09
TypePhotographs
Identifierbygonedaysinchic00cook_raw_0077.jp2
Source Pagehttp://www.archive.org/stream/bygonedaysinchic00cook#page/38/mode/2up
Link to the Full-Texthttp://hdl.handle.net/10111/UIUCOCA:bygonedaysinchic00cook
Physical LocationUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Formatimage/jp2
LanguageEnglish
Subject NameCamp Douglas (Ill.)
SubjectPrisons
Prisoners of war
Coverage-SpatialDouglas (Chicago, Ill.)
Coverage-Temporal1860-1869
PublisherUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois at Chicago
RightsImages in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.
Sub-CollectionPeople
Buildings
Book TitleBygone days in Chicago; recollections of the "Garden city" of the sixties
Author of the BookCook, Frederick Francis
CollectionPicture Chicago
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^