add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
German Building at Jackson Park
German Building at Jackson Park
TitleGerman Building at Jackson Park
DescriptionCaption: "ackson Park--The German Building (Refectory) and the Beach." The German Building was erected for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition and was one of the few structures to remain behind and became a permanent feature in Jackson Park after the fair concluded.
Date1912
TypePhotographs
Identifierchicagofortouris00illi_0028.jp2
Source Pagehttp://www.archive.org/stream/chicagofortouris00illi#page/26/mode/2up
Physical LocationUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Formatimage/jp2
SubjectExhibition buildings
Parks
Beaches
Coverage-SpatialHyde Park (Chicago, Ill.)
Jackson Park (Chicago, Ill.)
Coverage-Temporal1910-1919
PublisherUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois at Chicago
RightsImages in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.
Sub-CollectionBuildings
Waterfronts
Book TitleChicago for the tourist
Author of the BookIllinois Central Railroad Company. Passenger Dept.
CollectionPicture Chicago
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^