add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Kenwood Club
Kenwood Club
TitleKenwood Club
DescriptionFrom text: "From this meeting resulted the present Kenwood Club, the organization of which was perfected in February, 1884. In June of the same year the Club took possession of the house on Forty-seventh Street, near Lake Avenue, which was formerly the residence of Norman B. Judd, Esq. To this house, a two story and basement frame building, a large addition, 40x75 feet, was made in the fall of 1886. In the basement are situated the bowling alley, the dining room and the kitchens. On the first floor are the hall, the office, the reception room, and a splendid dancing hall which occupies the whole of the addition. The second floor is taken up by the card rooms, the billiard room, the reading room, the library, and ladies' and gentlemen's dressing rooms."
Date1888
TypePrints
Identifierchicagoclubsillu00lanw_0036.jp2
Source Pagehttp://www.archive.org/stream/chicagoclubsillu00lanw#page/30/mode/2up
Link to the Full-Texthttp://hdl.handle.net/10111/UIUCOCA:chicagoclubsillu00lanw
Physical LocationUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Formatimage/jp2
Subject NameKenwood Club
SubjectClubs
Coverage-SpatialKenwood (Chicago, Ill.)
Coverage-Temporal1880-1889
PublisherUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois at Chicago
RightsImages in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.
Sub-CollectionBuildings
Book TitleThe Chicago clubs: illustrated
Author of the BookLanward Publishing Company
CollectionPicture Chicago
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^