Strategic Planning Task Force Minutes September 7, 2011
September 7th, 2011
9:00 – 10:00am
1. Design calendar for getting drafts to AULs and Paula for review prior to meetings
- A draft will be sent to Paula by 9/28; a final version will be posted to the website by 10/7, before the first open meeting.
2. Recruitment efforts for open meetings
- The task force will send a reminder to libfac about updating the list of departmental library committees that subject liaisons work with; we’ll work with liaisons to contact those groups to advertise the October open faculty/staff forum
- An announcement will be sent to eweek about the October forums, and posted on the library gateway/news feed
- We’ll contact the Illinois Student Senate to let them know about the open student meeting
3. What “special feedback” sessions do we want to schedule, or propose to Paula (who are the key stakeholders we should sit with, in addition to Senate Committee on the Library and ULSAC)?
- Currently getting on the agendas for SLC and ULSAC
- Will check with Paula about Deans Council/Chancellor’s senior staff/ other higher level groups to notify about the open meetings and the draft plan
4. Task Force Communication Plan
- Scott W and David will send a libnews to update progress on strategic plan, including posting pdfs of July presentations