Staff Development and Training Committee
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Present: Shuyong Jiang, Susan Schnuer, Kate Swan, Beth Woodard, Joe Zumalt
Absent: Susan Braxton, Camilla Fulton, Laura Hanson, Lisa Hinchliffe, Cindy Kelly, Sandy Wolfe, Helen Zhou
1. Update on the Supervising proposal—ready to submit.
2. Technology subcommittee—list of topics for Web 2.0 Things was distributed and discussed.
3. Graduate Assistant Orientation—looking at Tuesday, January 13, 14, 15—may also need some training in May/June.
4. Wellness topics were discussed. Beth demonstrated progress on the training part of LibGuides for the wellness materials. There was some discussion about the need for more involvement from staff, and that partners across campus should be investigated.
5. Digital Content Training/Instruction—November 18, December 9
Merinda Hensley, Lisa Hinchliffe, Betsy Kruger, Lynn Wiley—Plans are underway for sessions in February and March
6. Employee Protection Process—no update
7. Upcoming CLaSS offerings:
Grant Writing Feb 20, 2009, 1-4;30
Simple Ways to Green Your Library March 4, 2009 9am to noon
Empowering Library Staff to Meet the Needs of the Spanish Speaking Community, March 19, 1-4 pm
Digital Cameras April 30, 2009 1-4 pm
Technology Series: Part 1 Technology-Based Marketing April 2, 2008 1-4 pm; Part 2 Technology Based Marketing April 21, 2008 1-4 pm
Searching with First Search September 23 9-11:30am and March 25, 2009, 9 am to 11:30 am
The next meeting is December 2, 2008.