Staff Development and Training Commitee Minutes
March 6, 2007
Present: Beth Woodard, Lyn Petrie, Shuyong Jiang, Donna Hoffman, Karen Hogenboom, Helen Zhou,
Susan Schnuer, Lisa Hinchliffe, Joe Zumalt
Absent: Cindy Kelly, Michael Norman
- Diana Walter resigned, citing inability to be able to attend meetings. The group brainstormed
some individuals who might be asked. Karen asked Patsy Inskip to join the group.
- Beth reported that User Ed will contact us about forming a joint group to re-examine our
calendaring needs and write up specifications regarding our needs to online calendars. Beth Woodard
and Joe Zumalt will be on this group. We may also need to include Jeff Schrader and Chris from his
- For the May 1 meeting, Scott Walter will attend our meeting. What topics should we address and
what materials should be sent ahead of time? Specifics mentioned include: the importance of
training, helping staff members find the time to attend sessions, and encouraging unit heads to
make training a priority. Another topic is the old idea of tying training to performance
evaluation, rewards, and the work environment and communication. Another thing we need to stress in
this discussion are the successes of this committee, such as the calendar, the permanent
- The group discussed the license agreement for the Customer Service DVD of $370 for networking
and the group decided it was too expensive.
- The group discussed the need for unit head training, and brainstormed about individuals who
would be included in this training. During this discussion, it became apparent that many don’t know
about the orientation checklists.
The next Staff Development and Training Committee meeting will be April 6.