Staff Development and Training
September 19, 2006
Present: Donna Hoffman, Lyn Petrie, Shuyong Jiang, Michael Norman, Joe Zumalt, Karen Hogenboom, Beth Woodard
Absent: Cindy Kelly, Helen Zhou, Susan Schnuer, Lisa Hinchliffe
1. GA continuing education:
2. Cindy—will try to schedule some of the supervisory stuff in October
3. Time management
Still no timeline for strategy for CMS. Karen has the impression that it will be at least 6 months.
5. Beth had sent out a message regarding previewing a video and there seems to be some interest in it, so it will be requested. http://www.thinkanddo.us/
6. There is some online learning opportunities available now through CITES. The sessions our staff might be interested in, however are buried down pretty deep. We need to incorporate the suggestion to utilize online learning opportunities with supervisory training. Lisa had suggested that we read the webjunction.org/learningresearch report on online learning
It was agreed that we will do this for our next meeting and discuss.
7. The employee performance evaluation training materials need to be advertised more widely.
8. We discussed holding issues-focused discussions. There seems to be some interest in continuing this. We will coordinate with Michael’s Metadata Chat series, however, to make sure we balance out the offereings.
9. Beth would like everyone to serve on one or two subcommittees. Right now we have needs for: Needs assessment, customer service, technology, student training, and supervisory training.