Staff Development and Training Commitee Minutes
October 4, 2005
Present: Beth Woodard, Susie Duncan, Zoe Revell, Diana Walter, Michael Norman, Lyn Petrie, Cindy
Kelly, Sue Searing
Absent: Lisa Hinchliffe, Tom Teper, John Weible
- The minutes of the last meeting were distributed and comments solicited.
- The group discussed registrations, particularly for the upcoming time management and delegation
sessions. It was suggested that information about Terry Lowe, the presenter, be included in a
reminder that’s sent out.
- Mechanisms for encouraging people to attend training, and seeing training as an important part
of their jobs, were discussed. One idea was to have everyone have a minimum number of training
sessions that they needed to attend per year. Printing certificates was also encouraged.
- Reinforcement of positive public service behaviors was discussed, using some sort of “applause”
program such as hospitals (BroMenn and Carle were specifically mentioned). Whereas the secret
shopper process was perceived as looking for negative behaviors, this program would be looking for
positive ones. A suggestion to revisit the annual award program was suggested.
- The Experts list survey was discussed. Beth will ask John about Netscape email, which was
suggested as an addition.
- A suggestion to have another WebTools workshop just for library staff was made.
- Beth will also see if the T4B Schedule has been created yet.